What is a Green Deal Measure?
A Green Deal Measure is an "improvement" made to a property which has been financed through the Green Deal. This can include part-financing, where a customer has chosen to pay for some of the work themselves.
However, there will no standard Green Deal Measure or list of measures that are appropriate for every property. What is appropriate depends on a number of factors including the work already done, the characteristics of the building and in some cases, the geographical location.
What are the steps to obtaining Green Deal finance?
There are essentially three steps to determining whether a given measure or package of measures can be installed using Green Deal finance:
Step One: Is the measure eligible?
Step Two: Is the measure suitable for the property?
Step Three: Does the measure meet the Golden Rule in the property?
The steps to obtaining finance are therefore a filtering process to ensure the appropriateness of measures for the property in question. There will be no general list of measures for a given property. Provided measures meet the eligibility criteria, they can potentially be installed with Green Deal finance.
Green Deal Measures
The standard covers:
- Air source heat pumps
- Biomass boilers
- Biomass room heaters (with radiators)
- Cavity wall insulation
- Cylinder thermostats
- Draught proofing
- Duct insulation
- Loft or rafter insulation (including loft hatch insulation)
- Mechanical ventilation with heat recovery systems
- Micro combined heat and power
- Micro wind generation
- Oil-fired condensing boilers
- Pipework insulation
- Replacement glazing
- External wall insulation systems
- Fan-assisted storage heaters
- Flue gas heat recovery devices
- Gas-fired condensing boilers
- Ground source heat pumps
- Heating controls for wet central heating systems or warm air systems
- Heating ventilation and air-conditioning controls
- High performance external doors
- Hot water controls (including timers and temperature controls)
- Hot water cylinder insulation
- Hot water showers
- Hot water systems
- Hot water taps
- Internal wall insulation systems (for external walls)
- Lighting systems, fittings and controls
- Radiant heating
- Room in roof insulation
- Roof insulation
- Sealing improvements (including duct sealing)
- Secondary glazing
- Solar blinds, shutters and shading devices
- Solar water heating
- Transpired solar collectors
- Under-floor heating
- Under-floor insulation
- Variable speed drives for fans and pumps
- Warm-air units
- Waste water heat recovery devices attached to showers.
- Water source heat pumps