Cost £995 plus VAT.
The DEA training course includes full training in the RdSAP methodology used to assess existing homes and also in the use of ecmk's government-approved software which is designed to produce the EPC.
It also includes the opportunity to assess real homes under the guidance of ecmk's qualified trainers. Candidates must also assemble a Portfolio of Evidence of their competence, including EPCs for five real homes.
Each candidate is assigned to a Qualification Assessor to guide them through this process. The Qualification Assessor formally assesses the Portfolio to verify that the candidate meets the requirements of the National Occupational Standards for a DEA.
- One day induction covering the legislative background, an introduction to the RdSAP methodology and details of how to assemble the Portfolio of Evidence.
- Two days RdSAP training covering the conventions for collecting data and how to enter data into ecmk's software. This includes;
- Determining the age of a dwelling
- Recognising the construction, insulation of the main elements.
- Identifying the heating, hot water systems and heating controls.
- There is a practical session which involves carrying out an energy assessment on a real home under the guidance of ecmk's trainers as well as entering the data into ecmk's software in order to produce an EPC.
Up to 12 weeks working remotely with the guidance of a Qualification Assessor to assemble the Portfolio of Evidence.
Please note that a minimum of 4 people are required on any classroom based training.
Please email email@example.com or call 0333 123 1418 if you would like to check for last minute availability.