Energy Trust Course - Level 3 Award in Energy Efficiency for Older and Traditional Buildings
Energy Trust Course – Level 3 Award in Energy Efficiency for Older and Traditional Buildings
Energy Trust UK are delivering the ABBE Level 3 Award in Energy Efficiency Measures for Older and Traditional Buildings qualification, which has been developed to raise awareness of older, traditional or vulnerable buildings (e.g. buildings built prior to 1919). The focus is to identify, assess, and give advice on appropriate energy efficiency measures for older and traditional buildings.
This qualification is compliant and meets the Trustmark Standards for the PAS 2035 Retrofit Assessor status to be able to carry out Pathway B and C assessments.
On completing the qualification, learners will be able to:
- recognise the age, nature and characteristics of older and traditional buildings
- assess options for the introduction of energy efficiency measures for older and traditional buildings making recommendations and giving advice on the introduction of energy efficiency measures
Learners may already be working in a role where they have responsibility for producing Energy Performance Certificates (e.g. as a DEA/GDA, Retrofit Assessor). It will enable them to demonstrate the skills and knowledge that they have gained through their employment enabling learners to achieve a nationally recognised qualification.
This course will be delivered over two consecutive days via Zoom with a requirement to complete two short multiple-choice tests and a virtual interactive case study on the final afternoon which will make up a portfolio of evidence.
Day 1 - 09:00 - 16:00
- Understanding British Standard 7913 (BS 7913) in relation to older and traditional buildings
- The construction and age of older and traditional buildings
- The maintenance of older and traditional buildings
- The factors which influence how older and traditional buildings perform and the implications for the introduction of energy efficiency measures
- Factors influencing the selection of appropriate energy efficiency measures and materials
Understanding energy efficiency measures and materials
Day 2 - 09:00 - 16:00
- How to make recommendations and give advice on the introduction of energy efficiency measures in older and traditional buildings
- Virtual Case Study
- Two Multiple Choice exams
Costs and Upcoming dates
The two-day course costs £495.00 excl. VAT.
Upcoming dates for the course are 31 March, 6 May, 7 June and 5 July.
- ABBE Registration Fee
- Unlimited Exam attempts
- e-Portfolio with dedicated Assessor
Q: Who is this course suitable for?
A: This course is suitable for anyone who has an existing background in construction and building surveying. It is ideal for DEAs, Retrofit Assessors and the wider retrofit industry working within the PAS2035 framework where Risk Path B & C assessments are required on protected and traditional buildings.
Q: Does this qualification comply with PAS2035:2019?
A: Yes this qualification has been specifically developed to meet the requirements laid out in PAS2035 when assessing traditional and protected buildings (protected buildings include Listed Buildings and buildings in Conservation Areas or World Heritage Sites).
Q: How is this qualification assessed?
A: During the final afternoon of the course students are required to complete a virtual interactive case study based upon a traditional building. You will also be required sit and pass two multiple-choice (open book) exams with unlimited resits available.
Q: Do Energy Trust offer student finance?
A: Yes, we offer finance through a third party provider. Please contact us on 0333 012 0002 if you wish to explore financing one of our qualifications.
To book your place, please visit the Energy Trust website direct. CLICK HERE